End-of-the-Year (and Summative Evaluations)
Preparing for the End-of-the-Year Meeting
The End-of-the-Year meeting is your opportunity to reflect on the school year and look ahead to the next. Ideally, the meeting is not about a score, rather is about professional growth and continuous improvement. Here are some resources to guide you through those meetings:
- If you want to survey your teachers about the process, here's an article about it and here's a local principal's survey
- End-of-the-Year Meeting planner
- Timeline and explanation for End-of-the-Year process. This is an example of guidance for End-of-the-Year meetings. You can change it to make it match the particular requirements and deadlines of your district.
- End-of-the-Year Meeting example (video)
- Example of a slideshow that can be customized and used district-wide when consistent communication of expectations for End-of-the-Year procedures and meetings.
- Here's an article to share with teachers at the meeting -- it's about how to use a summative evaluation to set goals for next year