OCM BOCES Refund Policy for Full Time Certificate Programs
NEW REFUND POLICY
IWITHDRAWAL OR DISMISSAL FROM SCHOOL AND REFUND POLICY
I understand if I decide to withdraw from school after beginning attendance I must notify my program coordinator of my intent in writing, in person, or by phone. If withdrawal or dismissal occurs after the start of the program, tuition liability will accrue as follows:
- Withdrawal prior to the first day of class will require a $50 processing fee.
- Up to 5% of authorized program hours offered, 20% of tuition will be charged.
- The student will be responsible for the cost of supplies already issued or fees previously applied.
- Up to 20% of authorized program hours offered, 50% of tuition will be charged.
- Up to 30% of authorized program hours offered, 75% of tuition will be charged.
- Over 30% of authorized program hours offered, 100% of tuition will be charged.
Tuition payments of more than $5.00 in excess of the amount owed will be made within 45 days of the last date of attendance.
Federal Title IV Refunds
The financial aid (Pell Grant and Student Loans) earned by the student is equal to the percentage of the period enrollment completed. When a student withdraws before completing more than 60% of the period enrollment, the percentage of financial aid is pro-rated using the Federal Refund/Repayment Policy. The returned funds must be refunded to the following sources in this specific order:
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- Federal Plus Loans
- Federal Pell Grants
Upon termination of enrollment, any balance due to OCM BOCES, based on the school's refund policy, is payable immediately. All charges on the student's account must be paid in full prior to the completion of the training program.
OCM BOCES reserves the right to withhold student transcripts and deny approval for State Board Examinations to any student who has an outstanding balance with the Financial Aid Office.
OCM BOCES is accredited through the:
Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell Road
Building 300, Suite 325
Atlanta GA 30356
770.396.3898 or 800.917.2081