BCIC September 2013
Here is the agenda for the OCM BOCES Curriculum and Instruction Council (BCIC) meeting, 8:30am, September 19, 2013, Henry Large Conference Room:
Welcome and Introductions
- Instructional Technology and Design (ITD home page)
- Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment (CIA)
- Teacher Centers
- Event list went out
- New Teacher Welcome Project
- Higher Education
- Instructional Support News
- CNY NYS ASCD home page
- Grant Writing Service
- Home School Service?
- CNY LDP
Race To The Top
- SED's Metrics and Expectations for 2013-2014
- Hearing from districts -- what are each of us doing for:
- ELA K-2
- ELA 3-5
- ELA 6-8
- ELA 9-12
- Doing the new ELA 11 Regents Exam?
- Math K-5
- Math 6-8
- Math 9-12
- Doing both old and new or just new A1 exam?
- Feedback for ELA support plans for 2013-2014
- Do we need module overviews?
- What about support for K-3 (pre-3)?
- If printing modules, how are you doing it? Would coordination help?
- Science Standards update and reminder
- Resources and support from NT, CI&A, and SLS
- Regional plans (October 25th)
- Follow-up plans
- Data-Driven Instruction
- PLCs follow-up
- Will be the focus of CNY NYS ASCD
- Professional Practice (including APPR)
- Providing scores to parents -- has there been many requests?
- Any adjustments that need to be made?
- Lead Evaluator Training: Year One is underway; ongoing training begins October 28th
- Principal Evaluator Training: not enough Year One requests; ongoing training begins October 9th
- Long-term planning for RTTT (example plan)
- NT finances
- Enterprise America update
- Regional Summer School report
- CNY Regional Vision for New Tech and Project-Based Learning
- Save the Date: PBLNY August 5-6-7
- Yong Zhao
- Sam Chaltain
- Sam Seidel
- Suzie Boss
- Ron Berger
- PBL 101
- PBL Leadership
- PBL Coaching
Future Meeting Planning
- The next BCIC meeting is October 17, 2013, in the Henry Large Conference Room.