BCIC October 2012
Here is the agenda for the OCM BOCES Curriculum and Instruction Council (BCIC) meeting, 8:30am, October 18, 2012, Distance Learning Center:
Welcome and Introductions
- Instructional Technology and Design (ITD)
- Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment (CIA) schedule
- Teacher Centers
- Instructional Support
Race To The Top
- Math Instruction
- Planning a Math Conference with four parts
- Common Core - background and foundation (Bill McCullum?)
- Math Solutions - how kids learn mathematics
- Singapore Math - just exactly what is it?
- NSF math program - constructivist approach to math instruction
- Next Generation Science
- Another draft for comment
- Common Core infused K-8 Social Studies
- What did you think?
- How heavy a lift?
- Five Big Ideas (From Common Core Standards to Curriculum)
- Data-Driven Instruction
- Common Formative/Interim Assessment
- Professional Practice (including APPR)
- What did we learn from SLO-setting?
- Long-term planning for RTTT (example plan)
- Any plans for sharing?
- How can we help?
- Enterprise America (WCNY project) update
- Sneak peak at some blueprints
- [very] rough timeline
- looking for early adopters
- Help on BOCES research project with Hill Communications
- Regents Regional Scoring Planning and Preparation
- Who can score alone/who needs to score regionally or in clusters?
- Scoring needs language chart
Future Meeting Planning
- The next BCIC meeting is November 15, 2012, in the Distance Learning Center