BCIC January 2013
Here is the agenda for the OCM BOCES Curriculum and Instruction Council (BCIC) meeting, 8:30am, January 17, 2012, Distance Learning Center.
Welcome and Introductions
- Instructional Technology and Design (ITD)
- Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment (CIA)
- Project Based Learning: Jan 24
- Meeting Needs of Diverse Learners: Jan 30
- Formative Assessment to Differentiated Instruction: Feb 5
- CCLS for Content Literacy: Secondary: Feb 6
- Responsive Classroom-Part Two: Feb 6
- Power of their Words: Feb 15
- drawing LOTE exam form
- Teacher Centers
- The 2013 Celebration of Excellence is scheduled for March 18th. It’s a showcase (and sharing) of the work that is happening in classrooms and schools around the region. The celebration is a collaboration of the Central New York/Oswego County Teacher Center, NYSUT, OCM BOCES, and Oswego BOCES.
- Cortland Educators’ Conference is Saturday, March 16th
- Network Team
- New Tech High exploration
- Working with superintendent committee
- Three possible directions
- BOCES program transition
- Distrct-based school-within-a-school
Race To The Top
- Math Instruction
- Math resources
- Article to use with teachers about making the transition (link not for sharing)
- University of Arizona Common Core math conference March 1-3 update NOW SOLD OUT!
- Bill McCallum session for administrators morning of March 1st
- High School Test-specific Transition Groups
- Math Vendor Fair tentatively scheduled for May 10th
- curriculum modules update
- "Smart Consumers" sessions being scheduled
- ELA P-2:March 8th
- ELA 3-5: March 12th
- math P-5: March 8th
- Expeditionary Learning PD for teachers June 24-28?
- Thinking 3-5 and not 6-8
- Cost 100 - 200 per person for the five days
- Not sure if this will be a go (price increase)
- Next Generation Science Standards (Dana Corcoran)
- An overview of the second draft (see slides)
- Timeline for adoption
- Data-Driven Instruction
- Common Formative/Interim Assessment
- Professional Practice (including APPR)
- A first look at a SLO summative assessment checklist and other resources
- How are people handling long-term absences? Discussion.
- Adding "crash course" of Lead Evaluator Training
- Update on PLCs at Work Summit possibilities:
- What about this date: PLC at Work™ Institute, July 24–26?
- What about an Auburn location?
- This is the agenda (so far). How many days?
- 3-8 Cluster Scoring
- Site facilitators will be receiving training from Pearson at the end of February
- Site facilitators will turn this to training and scoring leaders
- Regents Regional Scoring Planning and Preparation - will meet at conclusion of BCIC
- Review final arrangements
Future Meeting Planning
- The next BCIC meeting is February 14, 2013, in the Distance Learning Center