Professional Development Calendar
Mid-State RBE-RN is pleased to partner with BOCES, component school districts, and building administrators to offer a wide variety of professional learning opportunities in order to increase educator effectiveness and results for all students. Our focus is on providing knowledge and resources to enhance services and programs for English Language Learners (ELLs).
We strive to provide the highest quality, most up to date, researched based learning opportunities for our clients. We look forward to designing a professional learning experience for you that meets the individual needs of your participants.
Our professional learning model focuses on face-to-face trainings and workshops that include follow-up components to ensure that knowledge and skills are being implemented in the classroom to enhance student outcomes.
The shift from one shot PD to more ongoing trainings focused on implementation are aligned with expectations outlined in the new ESSA regulations and current research into best practices for professional development.
ESSA Definition: The term ‘professional development’ means activities that -
- Are sustained (not stand-alone, 1-day, or short term workshops), intensive, collaborative, job-embedded, data-driven, and classroom-focused…
- Provide follow-up training to teachers who have participated in activities..that are designed to ensure that the knowledge and skills learned by teachers are implemented in the classroom.
To request an RBE-RN led professional learning experience please complete the following steps:
- Complete the first part of the professional learning experience contract with logistic information and your desired outcomes.
- Choose the format that you would like your experience to take.
- Fax or email the form to Tanya Rosado-Barringer, Coordinator at email@example.com or 315.431.8585.
- An RBE-RN Teacher Trainer will contact you to work together to design a learning experience to meet your needs.