Director of Labor Relations
p: (315) 431-8484
The Labor Relations Division at OCM BOCES provides a multitude of professional services:
- Management representation at the negotiation table during collective bargaining is offered to each school district. This includes all activities in negotiating a contract, from developing original proposals through ratification of the agreement.
- This division also compiles and publishes annual wage and benefit surveys for teachers, administrators, support staff and per diem substitutes, which includes data regarding health insurance and retirement benefits.
- The professional staff has access to Westlaw and other research tools to obtain legal updates on cases regarding matters arising under the Education, Civil Service, Labor Law and the applicable rules and regulations. Consultation and assistance is provided to comply with local civil service rules and regulations through our Civil Service Liaison.
- The Labor Relations group provides advice and assistance interpreting and understanding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Workers’ Compensation claims, discrimination law and any other laws at the state or federal level that impact our Districts.
- The Labor Relations team provides professional expertise to investigate employee disciplinary matters, employee complaints, harassment complaints, and other issues that may require management representation in grievances, arbitration and/or civil service matters.
- We conduct in service training sessions and provides continuous updates on Labor Relations topics through newsletters and bulletins. Regional meetings on Labor Relations topics and personnel issues are held multiple times throughout the school year for superintendents and School Personnel Administrators (CNYASPA and MASLA).
Workshops & Trainings
At Main Campus - 110 Elwood Davis Rd, Syracuse NY (unless noted)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to attend / request information.
- Meetings occur monthly
- Notice of meeting emailed to the CNYASPA ListServ account
- To have your email included, contact email@example.com
Non-Instructional Supervisor Training
- The next session will be TBD
- Janus Decision (info and resources)
- MASLA (Management Advocates for School Labor Affairs)
- NYSASPA (NYS Association of School Personnel Association)
- NYS Department of Labor
- NYS School Boards Association
- SAANYS (School Administrators Association of NYS)
- Teacher & Superintendent Contracts
Civil Service Links
Other Organizations of Interest