Skip to main content
× Careers Staff Only Personnel Sub Call-In Service Health & Safety
Main Operator 315.433.2600
District Superintendent 315.433.2602
Adult Education 315.453.4455
Business Office 315.433.2614
CNYRIC 315.433.8300
Instructional Support       315.433.2627
Student Services 315.433.2604
Labor Relations 315.433.2629
Personnel 315.433.2631

Arts In Education


Frequently Asked Questions

What does my district need to know in order to participate in this program?

  • Districts must participate in the Arts in Education CoSer (443).
  • Partner districts may participate at any time.
  • Arts in Education (AIE) costs are reimbursed the following school year based on the district’s state aid ratio. All costs are covered except for food and transportation.


What is BOCES Arts in Education?

The BOCES Arts-In-Education program provides a service to school districts for integrating music, theater, dance, literary arts, visual arts, and media arts into the classroom including professional learning. By contracting programs through BOCES AIE, school districts are eligible to receive reimbursement from New York State for a portion of the costs of those programs based on the district’s state aid ratio.


Can we pay for transportation to events or food through BOCES Arts in Education?

Transportation and food costs are not eligible for BOCES aid. Therefore, buses and food cannot be contracted for using Arts in Ed monies.


Are FIELD TRIPS supported by my district’s Arts in Education funds?

Yes. In addition, you are permitted to collect funds from the students and put them in the Arts in Education budget line, with the understanding that any student who cannot afford to pay for the event must be funded by the district. Every child in a class must be included, regardless of their ability to pay.


Where can I find, review and select programs?

We are compiling a directory. Once you see programs of interest, click on the links for a description of the programs. 


Can I request an artist that is not listed in the directory?

Yes. Please complete an Arts In Education Approval Form and submit it. BOCES will work to connect with the artist/ presenter.