Carol Kosnitsky is the nationally recognized author of IEP Goals That Make a Difference: An Administrator’s guide to Improving the Process (2008, LRP Publications). This book is used widely by teachers as well as administrators.
As a distinguished special education consultant with more than 35 years in the field, Carol provides consultation and professional development services across the country, traveling from her home base in New England.
Her work focuses on improving outcomes for students with disabilities through increased access to the general education curriculum.
She is particularly sought after for her expertise regarding the development of relevant and measurable IEPs, the aligning of IEPs with the Common Core, and the collaboration between general and special education to improve education for all students.
Ms. Kosnitsky was a special education director for 20 years in New Hampshire, served as President of the New Hampshire Association for Special Education Administrators, and developed the New Hampshire Academy for Special Education Directors.
Topics will Include
- Examining and redefining the roles of general and special educators and paraprofessionals
- Examining and restructuring the ways in which general and special educators manage planning and resources
- Examining the ways in which IEPs are written and aligning them with how instruction is provided within the general education setting
- Developing a system for on-going data collection and monitoring of improved collaboration between general and special education
- Planning for implementation
View Oncenter larger map