Admission Procedures & Forms
Attend an Open House
- Main Campus (Liverpool) (Any Thursday at 1:00 p.m.)
- Schedule an appointment with Admissions to take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). See "Academic Requirements" for minimum scores. (Test scores are acceptable for one (1) year from the test date. If the starting date of a program is beyond one (1) year from the test date, applicants must re-test.)
- Students will be notified of score. If sufficient score is reached student will be instructed on how to apply for financial aid.
LPN ONLY: Steps required of all program applicants — please read carefully:
The admissions process takes approximately 30 days to complete. Please plan accordingly. The program is anticipated to start September 2020.
- Achieve the minimum required scores on the Test of Basic Adult Education (TABE). This step has been temporarily waived.
- File a FAFSA using the instructions provided.
- Pay for and schedule a Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and achieve the minimum required score of 50%. This exam will be available online after registration with our admissions counselor.
- Complete the LPN Packet, which includes an application form, two (2) professional references, and a hand-written essay. Also supply a High School Diploma/GED or transcript.
- Once all of the above have been received and approved, an interview will be scheduled with the LPN department. Interviews are being conducted via zoom at this time.
- Final step (once all of the above have been completed, and you are accepted) — meet with financial aid.
- Complete Program-Specific Requirements:
- Copy of High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Record of Physical Examination*
- Proof Of Immunizations*
*These may not be required for every program. Check with Admissions Office 315-453-4400.
Students will not be accepted into a program until all admission requirements are met.
Admissions Procedures, Tuition Assistance & Refund Policy:
OCM BOCES hosts Open House program information sessions each week at the Liverpool and Cortland campuses. Prospective students for full-time programs may attend any session without an appointment. All applicants must complete each step of the Admissions process prior to acceptance into a program. Applicants who have successfully completed all admission requirements will be admitted on a space available basis.
Tuition Assistance is available for all eligible applicants enter full-time training programs. Open House sessions provide introductory information about how to apply. The OCM BOCES Refund Policy is published on the link from this page.
OCM BOCES does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation in any of its programs or activities.
Transfer from other institutions:
Onondaga-Cortland -Madison BOCES offers specialized, short-term, clock hour training programs and is a non-credit bearing institution. Therefore, with the exception of the Cosmetology Program, we do not allow students to transfer credits or clock hours from other institutions. (See below for Cosmetology transfer students.)
Transfer within the institution:
Due to the specialized content in each vocational training program, clock hours attended are only applicable to each individual program. No transfer between training programs is accepted. Students are free to withdraw from a program and reapply to another at the next scheduled start date. Acceptance to the new program will be based upon fulfilling all prerequisites and available space.
Transfer Policy (Cosmetology Program Only):
Students transferring from another institution must provide official transcripts of any previous education received including documented clinical hours. A prospective student’s clinical competency skills will be assessed by the cosmetology instructor to determine their level of proficiency. The instructor and/or program coordinator will then determine the number of OCM BOCES clock hours required to complete the New York State licensing requirements. Tuition will be prorated based on the number of hours to be completed. Transfer students will be responsible to provide all kit supplies including a mannequin.
Please Note: Transfer students must be enrolled for a period of 100, 300 or 700 clock hours.