Did you know? New York state has a new high school equivalency exam
- As of January 1, 2014, the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) replaced the GED® as the test used in NYS to earn a high school equivalency
- GED® is the brand name of a test just like "Kleenex" is a brand name for tissues
- The GED® is no longer offered ANYWHERE in New York state!
What does this mean for you?
- The TASC replaced the GED®.
- New requirements for all students began January 1, 2014.
- The TASC uses the same test format as the GED®.
We can help!
- Daytime and evening classes are available.
- Study at Home (Distance Learning) programs are available for those unable to attend regular classes.
- Classes are FREE for those without a high school diploma or equivalency diploma.
For more information, call (315) 453-4672
OCM BOCES offers flexible programming to meet a variety of literacy needs in the community. The Adult Education Literacy programs are for those over 21 years of age. Students are assessed and counseled into the most appropriate program option to assure success.
Classroom Instruction includes daytime and evening sessions, both on campus and at satellite locations.
Home Study Preparation is designed for those unable to attend regular classroom sessions. It is an individualized, packet-based program that is paced appropriately for each student.
Fast Forward is available at home in cooperation with WCNY television and an assigned telephone tutor.
The National External Diploma Program (NEDP) is also individualized and graduates earn a high school diploma from their local school districts. Each student meets weekly with an assigned assessor to review completed work. Individuals should plan an average of eight months to complete the program.
English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) is a program designed for individuals who were born outside of the United States who need instruction in the English language. Daytime and evening classroom instruction is offered.
These flexible program options will help you reach your goal of attaining a high school equivalency diploma and help to improve opportunities for future employment.