Language, Libraries, and Life Saving Conference
December 6, 2017 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
It is a pleasure to invite you to the Language, Libraries, and Life Saving Conference. This conference is organized by the Instructional Support Services partnership between School Library System (SLS) and the Mid-State Regional Bilingual Education Resource Network (RBERN) at OCM BOCES. This conference will take place at OCM BOCES Main Campus on December 6, 2017.
Call for Workshop Proposals:
We are looking for proposals for presentations related to the partnerships between School Librarians and ENL teachers and how those partnerships can better support the needs of English Language Learners (ELLs) in our schools.
Topics of interest for Librarian/ENL team presentations may include but not be limited to:
- Who are ELLs, and how can we support them?
- Family Engagement in and through the School Library
- The importance of Bilingual/Dual Language Libraries
- Leveraging technology to support learning for ELLs
Guide for proposals:
- Each presentation will last 40 minutes.
- The deadline to submit proposals is October 20, 2017.
- Contact and affiliation information
- Presentation summary
- 50-word abstract for program materials
To submit your proposal, please click here
- Deadline for submission: October 20, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: October 27, 2017
For any inquiries regarding the workshop proposals, please contact any of the above committee members.
For all general inquiries, please contact: Cindy Seeley email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at the Language, Libraries, and Life Saving Conference.
SLS & Mid-State RBERN