Regional Special Education Training Specialist
What is the role of the Regional Special Education Training Specialist?
The Regional Special Education Training Specialist develops, promotes and conducts regional trainings on topics identified by NYSED and other related topics to address needs identified in the Mid-State region as determined through the regional planning and steering committee process. The Mid-State region includes the component districts of OCM BOCES, CiTi, TST BOCES, Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES, and Syracuse City.
The main focus of the RSETS work is delivering free, regional trainings on the topics of special education laws and regulations governing grades K-12.
You will find a list of my training topics on my site. This includes vetted (NYSED approved trainings) and non-vetted trainings. You will also find a list of my upcoming trainings.
PO Box 4754
Syracuse, NY 13221
Special Education Training Workshops
- Assistive Technology & Alternate Instructional Materials
- Progress Monitoring
- IEP Development
- Testing Accommodations
- CSE/CPSE Chairpersons Training
- Educational Benefit
- Special Education Process for Principals
- NY State Skills Credential
- NY State CDOS Credential
- FBA/BIP Regulatory Overview (To be vetted)
- Continuum of Services (To be vetted)
- Specially Designed Instruction and Its Application
- Elementary Resource Room
- Secondary Resource Room
- Integrated Co-Teacher Part 1 and 2
- Role of Paraprofessionals
- Skill-Based Strategies for Paraprofessionals
- CSE Process for Secretaries
- Watch Your Students Grow IEP Series
- Student Directed IEPs
- Measurable Annual Goals
- IEP Forms & Notices
- New CSE Advisory Group
- Prior Written Notice
- Standards Based IEPs
Sign up here to receive our E-news with the latest and up-to-date information.